According to Trulia, asking prices rose a record 0.9% month-over-month nationally — the highest monthly gain since the price recovery began. (www.Trulia.com)
The busiest season for home listings is March – April, which means the busiest season to start preparing to list your property is right now.
Here is an action list for those of you considering a sale during the busy spring selling season:
- Call a licensed Realtor (like me) to start the process – I want to help sellers be as prepared as possible, and a lead time of several weeks is to your benefit when listing your home.
- Start thinking about the manageable home maintenance issues you’ve been putting off; Buyers will also be looking at these potential “projects”, and tackling them before you list will work in your favor.
- Do you have pests in your home? Clutterbugs, that is! Deal with the extra “stuff” before you list. Starting now gives you time and eases stress.
- Do you have kids? Pets? A home-based business? Start thinking about your schedule in terms of property showings. Will you kennel the dogs while you are away at work? Can a neighbor care for them during showings? On weekends, or if you stay home with kids, plan ahead for what you’ll need to dash out the door when you get a showing call.
- The homes selling process takes patience, but you also want to be prepared. Inventory in our area is moving, and you should have a plan in place for when your house sells. As part of the listing process, we’ll talk about your post-listing goals and how I can help you buy your next home locally, or refer you to a qualified professional in Colorado or across the country.
I look forward to serving your Real Estate needs.