I might be biased in my opinion that you (and anyone you know buying or selling a home, for that matter) should never enter into a real estate transaction without the aid of an experienced real estate professional. Kind of like a surgeon thinks you should work with a pro to, say – remove your gallbladder – I am of the mind that when large sums of your hard earned money are on the line, you should work with someone with the knowledge and experience you need to succeed in the deal.
So why work with a licensed real estate agent?
- Ignorance is Bliss
- And why shouldn’t it be? In a real estate transaction, what you don’t know can hurt you. The good news is, you don’t really have to know much when you have a great real estate agent on your team.
- Insider Info on Market Conditions Rules
- Have you ever played the slots or hit the card tables in Vegas? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could take a peek at the dealer’s hand, or somehow tip the scales in your favor? Of course, that wouldn’t be legal, strictly speaking. The good news is, hiring a Realtor with in-depth knowledge about your community, subdivision, neighborhood or even the street where you live is not only great business sense – gaining the edge in this way is perfectly legal!
- Paperwork – Are you a Fan?
- Do you keep meticulous files on all of your bills? Do you start doing your own taxes on January 1, just for fun? Wow – that’s so… Good for you! If you are not that way, you’ll be relieved to know that when you hire a real estate agent, they’ll take care of all of those details and the piles of paperwork involved on your behalf. Isn’t that nice?
- Pricing it Right
- If you’ve ever had a garage sale, you know how tough it can be to decide how much your Hello Kitty toaster, your nostalgic (but dusty) box of sports memorabilia, or the roller skates your daughter grew out of last year are worth. Imagine how much tougher it is to determine a fair and viable selling price for your home – or to determine the right offer on an investment property, or your next dream home. Pricing a home right is a combination of unique software based tools, specific market factors, and experience. Pricing a property for sale is both science and art – so much more than going with your gut or a lucky guess.
- Negotiation Skills Don’t Matter – Until They Do
- Everything is going along swimmingly with the sale of your home – which is great, because you have a big move planned and your family needs everything to work out for the best. The sign is in the yard, showings are happening, and BAM! You’ve got an offer. This is an exciting time! And what?!? Now you’ve got another offer! What to do, what to do… This is an amazing situation to be in for any seller, but if you lack the skills and experience to best negotiate this situation – or any offer – to your advantage, then the benefits will be lost on you. A good real estate agent is worth his or weight in gold, because he (or she) will be cool as a cucumber during this type of exercise. For me, this is what I live for! This is what I do, and I can emotionally extricate myself from the situation, keeping your best interests, my training and past experience in mind, to act in your best interests with a goal of top dollar for you in first and foremost in mind. The same is true of the buying experience. Falling in love with a house is a very real thing. If you’ve never done it, you should try it! The danger comes in when you are so head-over-heels enamored of the house you want to buy that you lack business clarity, and may be willing to overpay or lose out on opportunities the deal has to offer because you MUST. HAVE. THAT. HOUSE. I can help a smitten buyer keep their eyes on the prize in the midst of purchase negotiations.
If you are ready to make a move on our current marketplace – or move out of your current digs – give me a ring. I’ve got the experience and local knowledge to help you achieve your real estate dreams and goals, and I’d be happy to help you move from Point A)partment to Point H)ouse, or help you sell your Denver-area home for a move across town or out of state.