The Denver real estate market is fast-paced and competitive, and it is important for buyers to be prepared to act quickly once their search begins. If you find a house you love, you won’t have a week (or even a few days!) to mull it over. You’ll need to act quickly if you are serious about the property.
Ask yourself these questions before you begin your search:
- How much of your pre-approved mortgage amount are you willing to spend?
- Can you afford home repairs/renovations? (This includes updating flooring or appliances, finishing a basement, replacing hot water heater, etc.)
- What suburb(s) or neighborhood(s) are you willing to consider?
- Do you need to be close to public transit or specific routes? (E470, I-25, etc.)
- Does traffic noise matter to you?
- Is the school district important? (Research schools before your home search.)
- Ranch // Two Story // Townhouse // Condo?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many bathrooms?
- What do you require in a garage or parking situation?
A seller’s market requires buyers to be flexible, quick on their feet and ready to make timely decisions. Before you get in the car, you should have a clear idea of the answers to each of these questions. A prepared buyer who knows what they want (and don’t want) is a successful buyer. Maximize the potential of your home search by thinking through these details before you start your hunt to improve your odds in the game.
The Meyers Group