February is a great time to get a jump start on Spring cleaning by performing indoor home care on days it’s too cold to venture out of doors. This checklist will help you keep up with basic home maintenance, and keep your home in tip-top shape.
- Clean your dryer vent. Check the exterior vent to make sure it’s free of snow and debris. Keeping your dryer vent clean can help prevent dryer fires, and maintain dryer efficiency.
- Clean refrigerator coils. Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to clean the coils on the back or underneath your fridge.
- Flip and rotate your mattress. Vacuum the top and bottom of the mattress, and the top and sides of your box spring. Ideally, you should rotate your mattress every 2 months to help prevent sagging.
- Touch up paint. Pay special attention to trim and doors. Clean moldings, stair rails, doors and door frames using a bleach wipe or a warm wet washcloth.
- Improve energy efficiency. Simple solutions like shutting the doors and vents to unused rooms, using draft dodgers on windows and doors, and keeping drapes + blinds closed in the evening can keep your house toasty, and save on utilities.
- Go on mold patrol. Moisture can build up and create issues in winter when your house is buttoned up tight, and excess moisture has nowhere to go. When cleaning, carefully check grout, the area around the base of the toilet, and under the sink.
Are you preparing for a Spring home sale? Pick up the phone or drop a line to request a complimentary Current Market Analysis. It would be my pleasure to help you sell your Denver area home for top dollar.