You can add a wing to the manse to add value, but if you’re short on butlers (or bucks), there are minor improvements you can make to increase the value of your home. These tips are great for staging to sell, a spring home refresher, or any time minor home improvements.
- Purchase new shades for lamps, and do a bit of research on the right bulb for healthy + happy lighting in each particular room. Some spaces benefit from bright, cool light, some are better with warm pools of light. A lampshade switcharoo and the right bulb in lamps or overhead lighting can make a big difference.
- Add sparkle to cabinets and cupboards with new hardware. Cabinet pulls and drawer pulls are the jewelry of your kitchen and bathroom cabinets and can upgrade the look of the room for just a few bucks.
- Paint is one of the fastest, cheapest, easiest ways to add value to your home. If you’re planning to sell in the near future, go neutral. If you’re staying put for awhile, go as bold as you want!
- Plant a tree, shrub or flower bed. Just as good? Trim overgrown bushes or invest a little time in your lawn.
- Purchase a new kitchen faucet. You can modernize the look of the entire room with this small change.
- Buy a new rug for your living room, dining room or master bedroom. Make sure you purchase the right size rug for your furniture layout and the space available.
- Re-caulk sinks and tubs. This boosts the cleanliness factor and can make the room feel newer.
Need advice on which projects to tackle before you list your home, or which projects are the best long term investment? Give me a call – I’m happy to help.