Whether you are planning a spring home listing or just want to spruce up your digs, there are lots of ways to improve your home’s exterior and curb appeal without blowing your budget.
For FREE you can:
- Trim trees and hedges – particularly those close to the house.
- Remove dinky lawn ornaments cluttering the yard or garden.
- Edge the lawn for a sharper look
- Wash the windows // clean the gutters
For LOW COST you can:
- Paint the front door
- Update the house numbers
- Plant a few annuals or hang a basket of flowers
- Replace the welcome mat
- Freshen mulch in the flower beds
For UNDER $100 BUCKS you can:
- Replace dated exterior lighting
- Replace door hardware
- Paint or stain the front porch or deck
- Plant a shrub or small decorative tree
- Install soaker hoses for your flower beds
For UNDER A THOUSAND BUCKS (or so) you can:
- Replace the front door
- Hire a lawn service to whip your lawn into shape
- Plant several trees
- Build a raised garden bed for flowers or vegetables
- Install simple shutters on front facing windows
If you are planning spring or summer landscaping or home exterior projects and wondering which ones will get you the biggest bang for your buck on a future sale, I’m happy to share what I’ve learned in my 21+ years in Colorado Real Estate. Happy planning, happy planting and happy spring!
The Meyers Group